Friday, May 13, 2011

Supersiti* (for Superstitious, etc.)

Today is Friday the 13th and in the memorable words of Michael Scott on the TV show The Office: "I'm not superstitious, I'm just a little bit stitious." I had an entry all ready to go this morning, but our host, Blogger, seems to have caught a bug and consequently my posting disappeared from the queue. (The blog ate my homework. Get it?) I chose this illustration for my substitute post in order to remind myself to always print out a copy of my work and not simply assume that whatever I type into the ether will necessarily be there the next time I go look for it. Print rules! Take that, Paperless Society! And I'm not just being superstitious either. (Well, maybe just a little bit.) Today's typo turned up 34 times in OhioLINK, making it a "high probability" typo on the Ballard list.

(Pennsylvania Paper & Supply Company building in Scranton, PA, with distinctive tower seen in opening credit sequence of US version of The Office, from Wikimedia Commons.)


Carol Reid

No comments: