Thursday, May 3, 2012

Threee* (for Three, etc.)

"Oh! Hot diggity, dog ziggity, boom, whatcha do to me, it's so new to me, whatcha do to me, hot diggity, dog ziggity, boom, whatcha do to me ... Where have you been all my life?" I dearly love the hot dog vendor that's parked outside my library during the warm summer months, but I got a little extra with my usual toppings today when I noticed not one, nor even two, but fully three typos on their sign. "Big Don's Hot Dog's and more," it read. "Ask us whats for lunch tomarrow!!" We've already blogged about the typo Tomarrow, and misplaced apostrophes are impossible to catch in most database searches, so I decided to look for Threee* instead. I found ten of these in OhioLINK and 315 in WorldCat. Hoo-wheee! I suspect you'll find more than three of these dogs in your own catalogs as well.

(Hot dog stand, West St. and North Moore, Manhattan, photographed by Berenice Abbott, April 8, 1936, from Wikimedia Commons.)

Carol Reid

No comments: